Friday, October 31, 2008

Life-Work Balance

It doesn't matter how intensive your work is, how time consuming your studies are and how tired you get home after all of them. You should always make time for some other activity, it can be sports, some artistic hobby or whatever, as long as you enjoy it. Another important thing about this hobby is that it must be something you do constantly and don't skip no matter what. It might sound complicated but it's actually as simple as forcing it into your schedule and not giving up on it (and to yourself).

For me, practicing Judo is a great way to get my mind set on something other than work and everyday thoughts, it makes me concentrate on an entirely different thing. One of the things I like about it is that the great physical effort you have to put into a training session is a huge contrast to my work, that involves mostly sitting in front of a computer in different angles.
Yes, it can get tedious, making progress is hard and there are those days when I have to struggle myself not to give up on the training session. But the fact is that most of the time and especially after showing up for a session after missing a few I have real, genuine fun and that's what it's all about.

No comments: