Sunday, August 31, 2008

Upgrading + Blog Day

This time I won't be telling about a database upgrade.
Just wanted to tell that from tomorrow on I'm upgrading myself. From tomorrow on I'm no longer an Apps DBA, my replacement has completed his training and is ready to take over the job. Effectively, he's kinda been doing 99% of the tasks for at least two weeks now.
So now I'm a team leader of a team of sysadmins - the team I was previously a part of - except from an EBS sysadmin the team also includes other sysadmins (MOSS, DBA, etc.). As a consequence the emphasis in my posts will shift a bit from EBS to more general stuff, but there'll probably still be some amount of posts about Oracle products.

And to the second part of this post.
Didn't know about Blog Day until today, but since I'm a happy victim of it's customs, I feel obliged to "celebrate" it as well, so here's my list:
  • techno-mosh. Mosh is a very versatile guy and has many areas of interest so it's always fascinating to read his blog. Besides, he frequently writes about all kind of great tips (that get him fans from all around the internet :)), so it's definitely a most recommended blog.
  • Coding Horror. Definitely a great programming blog, always gives me insights and even if not it's still fun to read.
  • Steven Chan's Blog. Although, as mentioned, I'm no longer an Apps DBA this is still a great blog, that many times gave me new ideas and new features to research.
  • xkcd.com. Great (if somewhat twisted) humor.
  • Yevgeny. Gotta agree with Mosh on this one, Yevegeny does a great job sorting out the less interesting posts and sharing only what I want to read.
Happy Blog Day everyone!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

First of all: congrats for the upgrade. Getting promoted is fun, and having a team of the best guys you could ask is even better.

Second: didn't mean to force you to celebrate Blog Day, so I hope you don't feel bad about it. All in all, it's has nice customs.

Unknown said...

Why should I feel bad?
You just taught me another new cool thing (one of many)!
You learn something new each day...